Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hayes is Four Months Old!

I took Hayes to the doctor recently for his 4-month visit, and he is doing really well! Weighing in at 14 lbs. 13 oz. and measuring 24 inches in height, he is in the 50th percentile for his weight and in the 75th percentile for his height. In addition, all of his motor skills are right on track, so you would never know that he was a preemie!

Voicing my concerns that he was STILL having trouble with sleeping through the night, the doctor told me that he should not need to havea a middle-of-the-night feeding anymore and that I needed to let him cry it out. You'd think that being a mother of three, that would not be a problem; however, as I told the doctor, it gets HARDER not EASIER with each child! With Xander, I went by the book and had him sleeping through the night by 6 weeks. Then with Cade, I became a little "softer" and got up once a night with him for...oh...well, he's STILL getting up at least once a night! So, I did not want a repeat of this; but it just seems that I get softer and more indulgent with each child! He assured me that this was indeed "normal" and that I shouldn't beat myself up over it. I appreciated that...whether it was true or not! :) The funny thing was that I think Hayes heard what the doctor said, because he began sleeping through the night after that! Yay!

Anyway, in a happy mood, Hayes laughed and "talked" to the doctor...well, right up until he got his 3 shots! After that, it was all downhill... However, we were pleased with the good report and are thrilled that our little guy with a rough start is doing so well!





1 comment:

rachelmichelejackson said...

Awesome! It is so good to see Hayes doing well. God is great! As for sleeping through the night...I'm convinced that no parent ever gets a full, completely restful, night's sleep. All of mine "sleep through the night." However, every sound they make stirs me, and I think about them all the time. I love them, and it's worth it.

Keeping Up With Xander

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Cade's Chronicles

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Days of Hayes

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker