Monday, September 15, 2008

Karen Kingsbury

Meeting Karen Kingsbury was by far the highlight of the conference! I have read almost ALL of her books and have LOVED every single one of them! We were just about the last people to leave on Friday night; therefore, we were able to talk with her and have her sign our books without much of a wait at all. I was thrilled to find her just as personable and down-to-earth as I had hoped she would be! Taking her time, she chatted easily and joked with the brothers who were helping her take pictures for her website.

To my surprise, I found out that she also writes children's books, which of course I bought, so we had her sign those to our children as well. On Saturday, she spoke in one of the sessions and actually read one of the children's books, Let Me Hold You Longer, to us leaving not a dry eye in the place! Feeling a little like a "groupie," I actually bought a few more books and stood in line once again to get her autograph on those as well. However, we ended up getting another picture taken for her website because she said she was having a "better-hair day"! :) I loved that! See? Even famous authors worry about their hair! Anyway, the whole experience was amazing, and I will never forget it!


No comments:

Keeping Up With Xander

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Cade's Chronicles

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Days of Hayes

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker