Monday, January 14, 2013

My Favorite Green Smoothie


Everywhere you look there are recipes for smoothies, and it really comes down to what you like. Once you get over the green color and taste them, they are actually very good. I have tried many variations and finally stumbled upon my favorite simply by chance...and with what I had on hand.

Servings: 1 large glass or 2 small glasses

1/2 c. almond milk
1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
2 Tbsp. PB2 (I get this from Amazon)
1/2 large gala apple (or 1 small)
1 tsp. unrefined coconut oil (i.e. Nutriva)
2 Tbsp. Stevia
2 handfuls of baby spinach
Ice (large handful)

Blend in a good blender until smooth.

I drink this every morning for breakfast, and it really does keep me going. It is also a great pre-workout drink, packed with protein and full of energy enhancers!

We really cannot put junk into our bodies and expect to look and feel good! Our bodies are machines that need premium fuel for maximum performance! 

No comments:

Keeping Up With Xander

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Cade's Chronicles

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Days of Hayes

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker