Sunday, May 25, 2008

Well, I can't believe it has been two months since we welcomed Hayes into our family! I honestly thought I might get bored while on maternity leave from work; however, I must say that I have never been busier in my life! It's a "good busy" though, and I am thoroughly enjoying my time at home.
Hayes just had his two-month doctor's appointment, and he is now 11 1/2 lbs! I think it's all gone to those kissable cheeks of his! After checking him all out, the doctor just kept saying that he is "perfect, just perfect!" And as you can see from the picture, he is as happy as can be! We are loving that he is now smiling at us on a consistant basis and that he is trying to verbalize a response when we talk to him! It's so much fun to see him grow and change everyday! Being the third child, he just goes with the flow and is content to be entertained by his crazy brothers who absolutely ADORE him! Xander and Cade could not be happier with their little brother and have not been jealous of him for one second. I was mostly concerned about Cade, but I wasted my time doing so. He is such a good big brother and smothers (yes, literally!) Hayes with kisses. Being a bit older than Cade, Xander is a tremendous help and can actually hold Hayes and calm him if he starts to fuss. I asked Shane the other day if he felt adding a third child was harder or easier than he thought it would be. He didn't hesitate to say that he felt it was much easier than he thought it would be, and I really have to agree. Hayes has just slipped into our lives without so much as causing a wrinkle. We are truly enjoying him!

As we near the end of the school year, we are busy with all kinds of activities! On Thursday, Xander had his end-of-the-year class field trip to Goldsborough, where they have a place called All-Stars. The kids love the games and inflatibles that are available, and the parents love how tired the kids are when they leave! :) Because Shane was asked to drive the bus and I am still on maternity leave, we were all able to join Xander for the day making it extra-special for him! It's so hard to believe that he is finishing up first grade this year and will be a big second-grader next year! I think what is even MORE amazing is that Cade will be going into K-4 next year! GCA won't know what hit them, that's for sure! :) It's exciting and kinda sad at the same time! My babies are growing up! It makes me want to freeze Hayes at this age so I can still have a baby forever!
Well, we have a busy week coming up as we finish up school and have high school graduation Friday. I'm actually going in to school this week just to give my three exams, and then Shane and I will be reading the "Senior Messages" at graduation. The week after that, Shane will be taking his volleyball girls to Raleigh for volleyball camp. A school there is having the coach from Clearwater Christian College come up to conduct the camp. My mom is also going to be here that week, so we are looking forward to spending time with her. And then we are off to Disney the following week! It's going to be a BUSY summer, so I'm sure it will fly by before we know it! We would love to hear what you are up to and what your summers are going to be like! Take care and be safe in your travels!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I have the cutest nephews ever! I just LOVE that picture of Hayes!!

Keeping Up With Xander

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Cade's Chronicles

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

The Days of Hayes

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker